Low level light plants

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

harryggumb

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hi fish fam! I'm new to the whole planted tank game and currently only have one 17w T8 bulb (my cover only holds one bulb). What are good low level plants? I would like both high growing and low growing like a carpet kind of. Any suggestions would be appreciated

I'll keep thinking on the plants but something you could do to help would be to get a floramax bulb so the plants can use the spectrum more effectively.

I'll keep thinking on the plants but something you could do to help would be to get a floramax bulb so the plants can use the spectrum more effectively.

I just bought a Flora Sun so im going to see how that works. Its 17 watts (The same that i would have with the floramax bulb). Also i was doing research and came up with some possible plant ideas: Java moss, African Water Fern, Java fern, Cryptocoryne Beckettii, Amazon Sword, and Vallisneria Spiralis. Any others that are relatively easy to care for?

Water Sprite is a very low demanding plant and Amazon swords are as well. Both are hardy and low demanding. The swords will need root tabs though.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Water Sprite is a very low demanding plant and Amazon swords are as well. Both are hardy and low demanding. The swords will need root tabs though.

I'm using Eco Complete substrate do you think that I will need root tabs as well?

Yes. A couple around the root base should last a month or so.

Back
Top Bottom