Low-light floating plants

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TheresaM

Aquarium Advice Addict
I definitely want to keep a floating plant in my 16g. It's low light and I currently have Brazilian pennywort going. I get a bit of melt once in a while but not bad.

Other options that I have in storage tanks (for lack of a better phrase) are guppy grass and cabomba. Would either do well as low light floaters? My big concern is that the cabomba would end up being a big mess like hornwort often does.

Thanks!

I think anacharis would work well. It definitely does better in mid to high light but should be able to cope at lower light levels.

I do like anachris, I've used it in the past. I was hoping to go with one of the three plants I have onhand at home though.

The issue with Anacharis is that there are look a like species. And one hates warm water. So if you feel bad because you cannot grow Anacharis, it may be that you have the Coldwater species ?

Guppy Grass will be great.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

The issue with Anacharis is that there are look a like species. And one hates warm water. So if you feel bad because you cannot grow Anacharis, it may be that you have the Coldwater species ?

Guppy Grass will be great.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Yeah that is true. I am having luck right now with the species I have now, but in the past I had my share of coldwater species that have died on me.

Back
Top Bottom