Low pH

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

wildone

Aquarium Advice Regular
Is it bad to have low ph? 6.4-6.6, ammonia 0 nitrite 0 nitrate 1.0. Stocked and planned 55 g 3 months old. 2 angel fish, 2 bristle nose, 2 pictus cats, 2 dwarf gourami, 4 emerald cory cats, 1 rainbow shark

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

That pH should be fine for your stock.

Is low ph bad

Thank you for your response, I have read several articles in regards to the fish I have and their ph I was under the assumption that a ph of at least 6.8-7.0 is best for my fish. Inn all honesty after having aquariums for the past 15 yrs, this is the first time I have tested for p.h, due to the fact I live in a small town with natural spring water.:cool:

pH preferences do exist. If you were to keep "hard" water fish, you would definitely want a pH significantly higher than the neutral area.

African Rift Lake fish. Some CA fish and rainbows to a lessor degree.

I've tried to find crushed coral at my not so local fish store...110 miles away, so the bottled "api ph up is what I have, not used yet due to the the cats.

I wouldn't worry about raising the pH. Having your pH steady is better than having it fluctuate due to the adding and wearing off of chemicals.

Back
Top Bottom