Low-Tech Tanks; Can they be Beautiful?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thanks. No, it has enough flow that is has none of the stagnant odor smell we typically associate with standing water.

Oh okay that makes sense! Well it's pretty awesome! My son wants a tank like it now! He already has a tank though, so it'll have to wait. This hobby sure is addicting!

Lovin Fish said:
Oh okay that makes sense! Well it's pretty awesome! My son wants a tank like it now! He already has a tank though, so it'll have to wait. This hobby sure is addicting!

And expensive! Lol

Or it can be inexpensive.

You can find free or cheap tanks
You can use Blasting or Pool Filter Sand
You can make or buy DIY root tabs
You can use CFLs for lights
You can buy plants from other hobbyists
You can join a club and find a world of free or inexpensive tank stuff
Then you can do group buys and get some cool stuff for much less :)

All my latest plants have been free or just the shipping. I've been offered a lot of cool tanks. I got my CPDs for a third what they go for at stores. I found one tank stand at a garage sale.

Yes I have some expensive gear, but I shopped around for the best deals.

Or it can be inexpensive.

You can find free or cheap tanks
You can use Blasting or Pool Filter Sand
You can make or buy DIY root tabs
You can use CFLs for lights
You can buy plants from other hobbyists
You can join a club and find a world of free or inexpensive tank stuff
Then you can do group buys and get some cool stuff for much less :)

All my latest plants have been free or just the shipping. I've been offered a lot of cool tanks. I got my CPDs for a third what they go for at stores. I found one tank stand at a garage sale.

Yes I have some expensive gear, but I shopped around for the best deals.

Wow! You're quite thrifty! I need to get better at finding deals that's for sure! Where does a person find Blasting Sand? That's what you used in your Betta tank right?

Lovin Fish said:
Wow! You're quite thrifty! I need to get better at finding deals that's for sure! Where does a person find Blasting Sand? That's what you used in your Betta tank right?

I'm told you can find it at Tractor Supply ? I got mine free from a club member (leftover from her last set up).

Look for Black Diamond Sandblasting Sand I think ?? I'll ask her the exact name. Amazon shows it 50lbs for $8.50
But shipping would be the scary part.

Finding it locally would be best.

Back
Top Bottom