Lower Ph

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cpt carp

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
hi all just finished Cycling my 55 gallon tank (Uk) Gallons =around 66 US Gallons )

Ran the whole Cycle using test strips everything coming up ok. Ran APi master test kit pretty much confirmed the strips but in numbers ) 0 Ammonia 0 Nitrite
10ppm Nitrate. PH however is high at 7.8 and confirmed its that out of my tap by filling bowl with tap water and testing 24 hours later

Now i am looking at putting a couple angels and possibly a couple of rams in the tank so need realistically to bring that PH down to 6/mid six and keep it stable.

How to get it down is not a problem but how to keep it down during water changes is what i am after as i guess i am going to be shifting a fair bit of water on water changes and not sure if my back will take shifting 20 or so gallons by bucket

Thanks for any replies in advance

My tap water is about 7.5 or. 6 too. I keep discus, angels, rams, various s and central American cichlids in it with no problem. Steady and consistent ph is much more important than constantly trying to adjust and find the optimal ph for your fish.

Getting it down and keeping it down will be a constant battle. Unless your wanting to breed them, I'd save the money, hassle, time, and stress on the fish, and just go with the regular tap water ph

Back
Top Bottom