Ludwigia ovalis

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

roydooms

Aquarium Advice Addict
I bought some ludwigia ovalis. Is it normal for it to have root like growth through out the stems? Or should I trim it? I think it'll look better without it. Thanks.

It's normal for stem plants to grow roots along the stem...particularly when they are newly planted and may not be getting enough nutrients from the substrate. If it really bugs you, you can trim them back. You might also try putting a root tab under the substrate near the plant.

Very pretty plant, btw!

Coleallensmom said:
It's normal for stem plants to grow roots along the stem...particularly when they are newly planted and may not be getting enough nutrients from the substrate. If it really bugs you, you can trim them back. You might also try putting a root tab under the substrate near the plant.

Very pretty plant, btw!

Thank you Alisha! I just want to know if its ok to trim them. That's what I will do. Thanks again! :)

you can trim them but i dont see why you should do so. what i would do is unbunch them and plant each stem on its own.

Back
Top Bottom