M or f

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mcgolg76

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Thought I had two female pearl gouramis but one started getting a bit aggressive. So wondering if this one is a boy. ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1430287548.555230.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1430289584.813924.jpg
I don't know if mine is a he or she
Very docile
Hes by himself now as everyone else has gone to fishy heaven
In a 10g now upgrading to 20g and going to get some friends In there
I'm adding 2 frogs. An Otto cat. And...... I dunno yet. Researching compatibility. What do u have in w urs?

Fishies with friends

Not 100% on larger gourami species but I know in the dwarf species of gourami that the females are distinctly "bland" colored compared to the males. This is often why they are not often seen in the aquarium trade compared to males.

Caleb

Sent via TARDIS

Thought I had two female pearl gouramis but one started getting a bit aggressive. So wondering if this one is a boy. View attachment 271272

I have 5 in a 55 gallon, one male and 4 females. I just compared mine with yours and it Looks like the fish is a female based on shortness of top fin. What size tank are yours in? They need room to get apart from each other and caves/ hiding places to go to.

Beautiful fish!
Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

In a 75 g. Was pretty sure it is a female. Had a pair years ago and def could tell them a part. Thing is the one in pic has been chasing the other one. Haven't known a female to be aggressive

In a 75 g. Was pretty sure it is a female. Had a pair years ago and def could tell them a part. Thing is the one in pic has been chasing the other one. Haven't known a female to be aggressive

Me either, not known females to be aggressive. They sure have plenty of room in your tank. the five of mine get along and are often hanging out in a group together. I have one of those caves from Petsmart, and now and then I see one of the females just sitting in that cave, like she's in time out. The male will be off by himself occasionally in the hollow log. Funny they have different personalities. Wish I could help your situation. Good luck!

How long have you had them? Did you get them at the same time?
Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Had this pair for two months. Got them together. They are active, eating and growing fast. Years ago I had a pair and male got very aggressive. Wanted to breed and beat up female and killed a Cory. Had to turn temp down to calm him. He got the pretty breeding color so was easy to tell apart

Back
Top Bottom