Make sure female guppy isn't prego

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Niccobacci11

Aquarium Advice Freak
So I have these three female guppies that I want to breed with some of my cobras that I have previously bred them with my full body reds and they haven't been in the same tank as a male in a few months they have each dropped three batches of fry with no males around. So I understand that they can hold sperm from a male for numerous months and continue to have fry so I want to know how will I know when they are out of sperm and are ready to breed. Also if they drop a batch and then I put them in with my males will they choose the new males sperm over the older stuff. I want to make sure that when I put her with the male she gets prego with him not the older male.

If you need any clarification please ask rereading this made me a little confused. Thanks for the help anyone who responds.
:thanks:

your best bet would be to find some real small female fry seperate them and then breed those to the males you want to , they can hold sperm up to 6 months

Or just let them continue dropping until they stop having any fry at all, then you know they will be 'empty'. Not sure if you have the time for that though :/

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom