Male Guppy

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

guppy12

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hi... I have a delta guppy and he seems very very aggressive, I was wondring if he should be a single gup or should i get 3 or 4 females?

Any advice?
THANKS

:uhoh:

Sorry didn't see your post before. Is he alone in the tank? What size tank and what are all the tankmates? Keep in mind that with a few females he may end up less aggressive but you will have tons and tons of fry!

The male guppy is alone in a 3.5 gal. (their is a feeder gup fry too) he does hve a snail... I just dont want him to be lonley. but hes really aggressive...?

G12

hey i have guppies too
i have 1 red fire and 1 black phantom, but mine arent that aggressive, he seldom chased other fishy, BUT they sure like teasing the female guppy, keep chasing the female, maybe for mating.... but the chasing isnt very bad, nothing i need to worry :)

i have the female and male staying together for few weeks, and no fry yet, i dont know if they are disable or not the time yet.....

u could get a female guppy, but i m pretty sure he will chase the female most the time.....or maybe u should go for a male guppy :)

ye, i dont understand that too
he has just 1 guppy, and how can u tell hes aggressive?

He was in a 20 long and he killed 3 other male guppys and thats why hes solo... so i dont know if females would fix.. him?

G12

Back
Top Bottom