Mangrove not doing good...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bkmrsteel

Aquarium Advice Activist
My two mangrove plans where doing really well for the first few weeks. Now, they seem to have deflated. The base is still somewhat firm, the roots and tops are soft. One root came off like a seemed crab claw.

There was some strange fuzz growing on them, what I thought was salt, thinking now it was fungus.

Read they need magnesium to filter salt water, but they where also fresh water plant. So I moved them to clean fresh water, with a tbs of salt mix to add small trace minerals.

The cheto is taking on, watet levels good, 6500k 20w cfb

Help, advice?

I am misting it as of a few days ago, and u don't have a mag test. Hope its not to late for them

Bkmrsteel said:
I am misting it as of a few days ago, and u don't have a mag test. Hope its not to late for them

Get yourself a mag kit, more than this reason to have one anyways.

The stocks have filled up, but they are not really growing yet.

I don't have them in the tank right now, and dont have mag. So I crushed up a multi vitamin into there water. Figure they can use whats needed, and whats not shouldn't hurt.

Only time will tell. They looked near deth regardless

Mine weren't doing that great either. They were rooting themselves nicely, but the stocks became soft and shrivled. I'm assuming my lighting wasn't strong enough or my 12 hr photoperiod wasn't long enough for them. I took them out of the tank and on my windowsill to try to get improvement, but it has only got worse. I'm planning on putting them back into my fuge area with a stronger bulb and to be more consistent on spraying them with freshwater. Oh, like yours, they haven't grown leaves yet either.

Back
Top Bottom