Mantis shrimp

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bigbrother

Aquarium Advice Activist
Had a mantis shrimp in my tank woot even knowing it was in there I guess it came inside a rock or something no wonder I had some fish die off maybe the mantis hittin then with his fists I found the shrimp dead tho Morning I hope not to lose any more fish

Last edited by a moderator:
There are people that are always looking for mantis shrimp in my area to do a specialized tank for. They are really neat little guys once they get to know who feeds them food and will also recognize strangers.

if you have the room for a ten gallon, i would put a species tank up for him. they are awesome and quite smart. just no crustaceans in the tank, he'll eat em all.

Wy Renegade said:
Remember they molt - did you find a molt or the actual shrimp?

No I found the actual shrim I had no idea I had one in my tank I was loossing fish every week an now I think ikno the reason

the clubed mantis shrimp usually go for inverts, the spear ones goe for fish unless the fish are sand dwellign or perching then i don't know if the mantis would be able to catch them but its totally possible

Gti_Leo said:
the clubed mantis shrimp usually go for inverts, the spear ones goe for fish unless the fish are sand dwellign or perching then i don't know if the mantis would be able to catch them but its totally possible

Yea I ha to be the culprit cuz like i said my fish were daying off atleast one a week my water is great I do water test every week an everything was fine i just couldnt think wat was goin on I gues the mantis shrimp kept traying to catch then since I had no idea there was a mantis shrimp in my tank there for I wasn't feeding it ain't went after my fish but in found him dead this Mornin hopefully my fish will be ok now an stress free

I love my Mantis!

I would venture to guess though that a smasher would be able to kill fish, especially while they are sleeping.

I just wish that I would have found him alive so i wound have put him in a separate tank

Back
Top Bottom