Marbeled Crayfish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tinker349

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hello,
I have an adult marbeled crayfish that successful cloned once but her last 2 batches of eggs never hatched. Does anyone know if this is normal? She is about 1 year old. The tank is set up with a sponge filter and no heater. Guppies are housed with her and are breeding fine.

Try increasing hardness...
My self cloners never miss when carrying eggs.
Often some the young will be eaten by others but they always hatch.
Could your guppies be eating them ? They are pretty small when hatched ?

I will look into the hardness. I might move the guppies out for the next time she berries and see if that is it. The first time she berried I had 6 make it to adult hood. Any other advice on how to get more to adulthood?

I separate the adult after the hatch with some .I just move it to a different tank till they hatch and then put adult back with others larger .
My tank that I keep many in is loaded with 3" long pieces of 1 1/2" and 3/4" inch PVC.
The big crays go in big tubes ,medium and small in the smaller tubes and smallest fit in the spaces in between the pipes .I have pipes end to end and 3-4 tall in the tank. Probably over 30..Here is my 10g..
Sd0nxke.jpg

Back
Top Bottom