Marimo ball!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

creno9210

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hi! So, I'm hoping to be a little more Active on this forum, but I have a 5 month old daughter.... So we'll see. :)

I have a 29 gallon tank and today I just switched out my substrate (sand) to play sand. I think it looks so much better. - it took me 6 hours to rinse that crap. (50lbs) anyways, I just put in an Amazon Sword and a marimo moss ball.

Was wondering if I got a bunch of marimo balls if it would greatly help my tank (I read they eat nitrates and produce oxygen). I only have one now, so I know it's not doing much. What if I added more? Do you have any? Have you noticed (of you have more than one) that it helps keep the nitrates level low?

(I still do water changes... But I'm just curious. I know plants are super good for the aquarium.)
:)
These little thins are so cute!!!!

Here is my before and after.
Does it look better now?ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1393299231.412629.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1393299307.046907.jpg

I can't say my marimo moss ball has affected my water parameters, but it's definitely cute! Just be sure not to leave your aquarium lights on for too long each day - it may turn white if it's getting too much light. I had to move mine to a more shaded area of the aquarium.

Oh, and your tank looks lovely after the changes!

Thanks!! I want more more more! But at $8 a pop I can't go too crazy lol.

Uhh thanks for the marimo talk, chick....

Maybe you should try a different kind of forum.

Yeah I'm reading up on them now. Really thinking of cutting one open and making a carpet thing on a stone. :)

Back
Top Bottom