Marineland canister filters

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mikem691

Aquarium Advice Addict
What's everyones opinions on them good or bad? Petsmart has them 50% off tomorrow.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I was looking at them a while ago, they were on sale. After reading a ton of reviews about them leaking I passed. I just got a couple sunsun, they seem to be the same exact can as the marineland.. i can see why they'd leak if you're not careful about assembly and maintenance. Someone with an idea of proper assembly and care should have little issue keeping this leak free. I could be wrong though, let's see what others have to say??

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I was looking at them a while ago, they were on sale. After reading a ton of reviews about them leaking I passed. I just got a couple sunsun, they seem to be the same exact can as the marineland.. i can see why they'd leak if you're not careful about assembly and maintenance. Someone with an idea of proper assembly and care should have little issue keeping this leak free. I could be wrong though, let's see what others have to say??

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Im assuming its the exact same canister but ??
It appears no one has much to say.....LOL

I've had three Marinelands die on me within a year and a half. I'm an Eheim convert at the moment. Easier to clean the media, makes less of a mess when I pop the top, and it hasn't randomly died on me yet *lol*

Petsmart also had their Fluval 306 on sale for 50% off, $84.99 instead of $169.99. I thought about buying it, but instead decided to order another sunsun off of eBay. I've got one right now and I've had it just about a year and have had zero problems, and it's so silent I have to feel it (it vibrates slightly when it's on) to make sure that it's still running hahaha.

I have a marineland canister and no problems so far. The Eheim Ecco makes me crazy. I've had all sorts of problems with the 3 I have.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom