Marinepure!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
crister13 said:
You dont come off as harsh at all. Thank you. I have thought about that before, the only thing is it never happened before even with the same stock. Right now I am completely capable of monitoring the tank all the time. I did get a little lazy truthfully, but now am completely committed. The same tank 6 months ago had about 0 algae for about 4 months. I think the 1.5 months was bad, but I actually think that changing the substrate is what did it. I changed about 2-3 moths ago, and the tank was beautiful right before the change. I think the sandbed helped with nitrates, so im going to lower them, pay real close attention, and hopefully they'll stay down. Even after the 1.5 month neglect, after 2 water changes all the cyano ad algae died. Im convinced it was the sand. Wish me luck!! ;)

If you bought live sand, it possibly could have been mostly dieoff and could vary well explain some of the trates in a short time period.

Not live sand, but I did stir up some crap. Also, my old sand was established so I think it was helping trates some. I saw the agar a week after taking it out... And a lot of it.

crister13 said:
Not live sand, but I did stir up some crap. Also, my old sand was established so I think it was helping trates some. I saw the agar a week after taking it out... And a lot of it.

Yes imo if you stirred up anything thats probably your cause backwhen i was new to the hobby i thought after about six months i would give my sand a stir biiiggg mistake nitrates shot out the roof and some coral stressed and an algae outbreak took about 2 weeks and persistant water changes to get it under control now i use nassarius snails to keep sand stirred a lil bit at a time

I believe the OP is just asking for advice for his CURRENT situation and dont deserve to receive criticisms left and right from so many EXPERTS on this hobby.

This is what preventing a newbie like me to ask questions here.

Just saying.

This is a little harsh isnt it. No one has critizied the OP. They have given good sound advice and I think the OP has realized that. I personally think this has been well rounded thread and I appreciate the OP for asking the question.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom