Marsilea Crenata

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Sk3lly

Aquarium Advice Addict
Could somebody please tell me why my four leaf clover (marsilea crenata) isnt developing into four leaves??

Oh and on a side note ive been dosing excel but am going to make the switch to glut. Is it harmful to shrimp?

Thanks

It has 4 leaves when in it's emersed form (roots in water but leaves grown above water). When submersed its leaf form changes to its immersed form which is different.

Metricide 14 is double the strength of Excel so if you use it full strength be sure to dose 1/2 the amount your using of Excel. It is the same as Excel so if you use it at the same strength and use the same amount as your using of Excel now it won't harm your shrimp that are accustomed to having liquid carbon (glut) in the water.

Thank you Rivercats. I wasnt aware of tht about the 4 leaf. Maybe i'll swap it out for something

Im not so fussed about it being clovers. Just something that carpets well and isnt too invasive

What's your lighting and what type of shrimp?

Hydro Japan can be used as a carpet. But there are better options if you have sufficient lighting and co2. Glut would be Rivercats' specialty.

Well id like to think im high light but i dont think i am. Think probably medium. In a couple months im going to get s build my led shipped across the pond. I use pressurised co2 and dose a fairly high level of liquid ferts. I want to use them up before switching to i think EI dosing. I will check that plant out. This is my tank
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1393312046.197950.jpg
The marsilea crenata is in this corner
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1393312093.487486.jpg
The back space has been cleared ready for pogostemen erectus to hide my filter. So whatever plant i replace my crenata with its going to have to be visible. Its got a bit swallowed up recently

Is that a fluval U3/U4 filter? If so, how do you like it? Your tank is nice by the way. The BML fixture will be awesome.

Anyways, I have some marsilea in one of my tanks. It's more like a foreground plant. But the hydrocotyle sp. japan would be great there in your tank. You can shape it or let it carpet with trimming and pushing it down.

Here's it in my old scape, all the way to the right.

Attachments

• 1393315522602.jpg
    1393315522602.jpg
    94.7 KB · Views: 463
Its a U2 if i remember right lol. I have a C2 HOB also. The U2 is ok but it clogs very fast, which reduces the flow through it a lot. That plant looks nice. I worry about it sending out runners underground though. Im trying to keep defined layers. Ive seen your tanks on other threads and i really like them. Love the rimless tanks. Im annoyed i didnt find this forum until after i had purchased the tank

Back
Top Bottom