may need to rehome plecto

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

joejeff

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I have a super tough plecto in my 75 gallon African cichlid tank. But I think he is too big... I can bring myself to.let him go. But I am goin to tomorrow... See if lfs will take him. He is my oldest fish...had him for like 9 yrs.... And like I said tough as nails. I can't think of an algae eater or bottom feeder that could replace him w/ o injury w the chlids. Any thoughts, advice? I have always felt even the 75 was cramped for him. But the more I read the worse I feel... He is at least a foot... I just really love that Dang fish... But its time for the enforcer to be given room to roam...

Money... Unfortunately the 75 is as big as I could afford... And I live in upstairs apt... Couldn't see these floors holding a larger tank... I have considered it... Maybe a 90 max. But I dont think I could fit a 125 in here... Well w/ o it goin though floor...

Oh lol I'm sorry I didn't know African cichlids live that long

Sry mod. Didn't mean to post there clicked wrng thing. So anyone know if my.plec may be ok in the 75

I did it. Let go of the poor pleco. He was cramped... Found someone on cl who had a 200 gallon fw set up. Will be far better than my 75. Sad to let go....

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20111205_150441.jpg
    ForumRunner_20111205_150441.jpg
    64.2 KB · Views: 69
Thanks. Just gonna miss the enforcers..but the lady seems really nice and has the rt setup... It still sucks. Can't think of a bottom feeder that can make it in the 75 with cichlids

Back
Top Bottom