Mbuna newcomers

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jacobsal91

Aquarium Advice FINatic
So i have a very well established 36bow with a male red zebra male birchardi (not mbuna) and female aratus. Just bought a really nice johonni hybrid of some sort and a colbalt zebra both bigger than thegemale aratus but not the red zebra or birchardi. I bought new decor and moved everything around then adden the new guys. Hope they dont get killed.. Any sugestions on stopping the old guys from killing the new ones? I turned off the lights and covered the tank with a towel... Decor is moved but i peaked and the aratus is picking on the cobalt and i didnt see hybrid hes probably hiding

Make as many hiding spots as you can for them. Given this is a smaller tank they dont have much room to get away, hiding spots are a must.

Well lucky for them with this new decor there are too many hiding spots. I cant even tell where they are! Hope they will be alright

rotorhead22 said:
What kind of fish do you have as your profile pic/avatar?

My avitar was labeled as 'show blue johonni'. He costed me $40! Love him may he rest in piece.
And yeah i bought 6 more small ones today. Gunna experiment with overstocking... So far so good!

That's is a nice fish. I have three that I am trying to get a positive ID on. The ID at the LFS was Msobo(see my post Fish ID please). They look a lot like your Avatar. I was thinking it was a Maingano but the lateral lines are not continuous and the females are yellowish in color; Maingano females are blue. Johanni also have continuous banding so I am thinking it is a Pseudotropheus interruptus which is like a Johanni but has interrupted banding; females are yellowish in color.

Good luck on your stocking. Post some pics when you get set up.

Yeah i bought a 'malawi hybrid' wheni first posted this, Looks simalar to my avitar. Got a colbalt red top zebra, and a few 'electra haps' last night too

image-3376581234.jpg

image-1027445646.jpg

image-1775804662.jpg

image-207550772.jpg

image-2435829304.jpg

Moved my decor as well hopefully the agressipn will slow. Realize in the first 2 pics my red zebra is the only one close up. Hes takin over really fast

Jacobsal91 said:
Yeah i bought a 'malawi hybrid' wheni first posted this, Looks simalar to my avitar. Got a colbalt red top zebra, and a few 'electra haps' last night too

Moved my decor as well hopefully the agressipn will slow. Realize in the first 2 pics my red zebra is the only one close up. Hes takin over really fast

If I were you, I'd add a few more levels of rocks.. But it looks good. :)

fishfool58 said:
If I were you, I'd add a few more levels of rocks.. But it looks good. :)

Yeah i gotta find a way to do that and make it look nice. With a 36 bow its not easy because its not a good length and the shape is awkward

Jacobsal91 said:
Yeah i gotta find a way to do that and make it look nice. With a 36 bow its not easy because its not a good length and the shape is awkward

Yeah, it's length is 3 foot right? If I had a 36 Bow, I'd start on one side & stack up & over at the same time, leaving some of the front & right open..

Yes, still gotta stack up some rocks a little higher, but nobodys fighting anymore and nobody got killed! Success!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom