Mean yellow Guppy terror of the tank!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

brry

Aquarium Advice Regular
Ohhkay.

My guppies in jail. Put a clear plastic separator in there for now. Imagine, a separator for a guppy like he's a betta or something. He's going back to the store.

My blue gourami had a nipped fin but was getting all better. Was almost totally better in fact. Then I found the guy hiding in a corner AGAIN this time with both his whiskers nipped in half.

This guppy also relentlessly chases my clown loach. And steals all the food in the tank. He bullied and chased my other two guppies constantly until I found them dead.

I have HAD it with yellow guppies. Anyone notice they are more aggressive? The last one I had nipped the feelers right off my snails until they curled up and died.

:nono:

I have no idea if it is true but I had a yellow guppy and he was aggressive too! He picked on all my other guppies and even killed one. He would steal all the food from all my other fish until one day he ate too much and died a few hours later.

Thanks. Took him back to Fish Land. Told the guy "He's trying to grow opposable thumbs so he can take over the world." He looked like he wanted to bust out of the bag and slap us with his fin.

Considered some other fish but was worried I'd bring home another terrorist I settled on a rummy nose tetra.

HAA HAA HAA HAA THAT IS THE FUNNIEST QUOTE I HAVE READ IN A LONG TIME...

I have 3 yellow guppy males that think they belong with my female orange cremesicle molly. They completely ignore the female guppies & only give attention to the molly. They don't mess with the male molly cuz he's about 3in's long, but he chooses to stay away from the drama.

I won't buy another yellow guppy either...

This thread made my LOL for real.

I have a yellow male guppy and he is harmless in my tank. My orange guppy is more pushy!

Anybody know if my gourami's whiskers will grow back after being nipped in half?

It's like, there are the thread looking things trailing from where the whiskers used to be.

I have had yellow guppies without any issue. But, who knows?
Assuming the water params are good, then yes, our gouramis feelers should grow back. :)
I like the opposable thumb quote.
BTW, I am guessing you know this, but rummies are schoolers and they get pretty stressed without a full school IME. They are awesome fish though. :)

Oh good, I'm relieved. :)

Yes, my rummy's in there with my other tetras.

Ohhkay.

My guppies in jail. Put a clear plastic separator in there for now. Imagine, a separator for a guppy like he's a betta or something. He's going back to the store.

My blue gourami had a nipped fin but was getting all better. Was almost totally better in fact. Then I found the guy hiding in a corner AGAIN this time with both his whiskers nipped in half.

This guppy also relentlessly chases my clown loach. And steals all the food in the tank. He bullied and chased my other two guppies constantly until I found them dead.

I have HAD it with yellow guppies. Anyone notice they are more aggressive? The last one I had nipped the feelers right off my snails until they curled up and died.

:nono:

im probably gonna sound mean but i would of put him with a full grown male betta and he would of learned his lesson or with some cichlids or feed it to an oscar

Be aware that rummies are extremely sensitive to water param changes. For every dozen that you buy, expect to have maybe 7 live. You definitely want to beef up the school if you only have 1. That one rummy won't last long without his buddies.

Back
Top Bottom