Melafix

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

smallfry53

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hey, I was wondering what everybody's thoughts on melafix were. Petsmart was having a dollar sale on otos, so I bought six of them. So far I really like them. I love the way they swim, and they are already eating a lot of algae off my plants, but I digress. When I was looking at them at the store, I was very excited, and missed that I think one of them might have a little fin rot. It isn't bad, but I want to treat it before it gets bad or spreads. After reading about melafix, it seems as though it might be a good option since it is a more natural cure. Any thoughts?

Hey, I was wondering what everybody's thoughts on melafix were. Petsmart was having a dollar sale on otos, so I bought six of them. So far I really like them. I love the way they swim, and they are already eating a lot of algae off my plants, but I digress. When I was looking at them at the store, I was very excited, and missed that I think one of them might have a little fin rot. It isn't bad, but I want to treat it before it gets bad or spreads. After reading about melafix, it seems as though it might be a good option since it is a more natural cure. Any thoughts?

It might help with stress, but it's not really a "good" treatment. For fin rot, usually clean water for a while will fix it. Sometimes it's a bacterial thing, but a lot of the time, it's just poor water.

Well they are in clean water. They don't look stressed. They seem to be perfectly happy, but I would like to treat it so the fin will grow back.

btw I'm jealous of you having Trilby's in your back yard. What a great lfs huh? Nothing like that around here. I thought about driving 2hrs. out there to get the otos, but I thought that might be kinda crazy.

Back
Top Bottom