Melon sword

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Same as most other swords. Love light and iron. Don't bury too deep. Trim any dying leaves too. Pretty easy and can acclimate pretty well to most tank conditions. Have u any experience with swords?

Ok thanks. To answer your question, no I don't have any experience with swords. The guy at petsmart, who REALLY knew his plants, talked me into getting them. I'm also considering a DIY co2 system. For this, ill be staring a thread. Thanks.

i really love these plants i have had alot of different sword plants you dont need co2 just good light and iron enriched substrate... i recommend not gravel vaccuming very often with swords just because the plant likes to use fish waste as food... they live a very long life if you care for them correctly after about 2 years of good growth and care they will reprduce... they form a long stem that will have baby plants on them.... pull the baby plants off in three weeks or when you see good root growth on them... plant them like the adult plants.... its fun

Fishkeeper88 said:
i really love these plants i have had alot of different sword plants you dont need co2 just good light and iron enriched substrate... i recommend not gravel vaccuming very often with swords just because the plant likes to use fish waste as food... they live a very long life if you care for them correctly after about 2 years of good growth and care they will reprduce... they form a long stem that will have baby plants on them.... pull the baby plants off in three weeks or when you see good root growth on them... plant them like the adult plants.... its fun

Ok, so I'll toss around the DIY co2 idea for awhile, would root tabs help the grow?

Fishkeeper88 said:
root tabs work but iron enriched substrait is the way to go it lasts a long time like years... saves money on root tabs and is better for the plants wide and furious root growth...

Bingo!

Back
Top Bottom