Micro sword narrow leaf

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ejaramillo01

Aquarium Advice Addict
Just bought 3 plants at my lfs. A Micro sword narrow leaf (Lilaeopsis Mauritius), a "big" Rose Sword (Echinodorus Rose), and a Hygrophilia Kompact (Corymbosa).

The micro sword looks like grass, it is in a pot. Researching this plant, looks like it's a front view plant, but I found conflicting info regarding the amount of light that this will require....? Also how does this plant will feed? Roots?

The rose sword is big and tall, big leaves, it's beautiful, I think that I understand this one better.

The kompact came in a pot also, I have the same questions :
The amount of light that this will require....? Also how does this plant will feed? Roots?

Any tips about these plants from experienced people will be greatly appreciated.

I took my micro sword out of the pot and gently removed most of the sponge that held it. I was able to open it up and create a couple lines of it.... I dont know about light, sorry. I have been taking most of my plants out of their pots so they can grow larger... one exception is a crypt that I want to stay smaller so I left it in the pot...

The Kompact started to melt, maybe because the excel??

Any other experiences here regarding the original questions posted above?

Thanks

I grow microsword like crazy. I run 2.7wpg t5ho 6500K with pressurized CO2 and root medic ferts.

I haven't really been able to attain a vibrant leafy green color, they are very prolific and have pretty much overgrown the tank, but have a dark green color. So I am missing a fert. My water is properly dosed with macro and micro, but my soil is barren... so I believe it is a soil feeder.

JustinKScott said:
I grow microsword like crazy. I run 2.7wpg t5ho 6500K with pressurized CO2 and root medic ferts.

I haven't really been able to attain a vibrant leafy green color, they are very prolific and have pretty much overgrown the tank, but have a dark green color. So I am missing a fert. My water is properly dosed with macro and micro, but my soil is barren... so I believe it is a soil feeder.

Thanks Justin, I don't have CO2, I just adds excel, liquid ferts, and root tabs.

Back
Top Bottom