Milky white tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

35galhextank

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
So I got home this morning and my tank was milky white my plants had white clumps on them. The tank is in its third week cycling I tested my ph levels yesterday and they were high (7.8) so I add a cap full of ph down. And left and went to work when I got home this morning like I said milky white I changed a bout 1/4 of the water. No sign of stress from the fish yet. Any tips .

Probably a bacterial bloom in which case you should wait it out. I would try to keep the pH stable instead of adding chemicals which is only a temporary fix. Your fish will acclimate..What are you testing your water parameters with?..

I went and bout an APi liquid test kit my ph is now 7.4 my ammonia is .25 ppm nitrite no2 is .25 ppm and my no3 is 5.0 ppm as the day has gone on I've notice it's clearing up a quite a bit we'll see how it is when I get back from work in the am

Ammo and nitrites seem high...I would recommend a 50% water change...

Yup both are pretty high. You want ammonia to be at 0.
Milky whit water means there is a bacteria bloom. This is a common thing for tanks that are only a few weeks old. It is easy to mess up stuff the first few weeks. Keep doing water changes and feed the fish less. The bacteria have to grow as live on something and usually that something is excess nutrients.

Yeah. I got back from work today and the tanks looks almost normal. I'll re test everything again here soon. Hope fully every thing when down. I dropp a ammo free frizz tablet last night so it looks like it helped. But test will tel

Back
Top Bottom