Mini artica chiller

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Hungster

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I met this guy selling a used Artica mini chiller 1/15 hp and it is in working condition for 150 bucks. I have a 20 gal nano running and it's been getting warm. I have no ideas about chillers so any advice would be great. Would this be a good deal?

Hungster said:
I met this guy selling a used Artica mini chiller 1/15 hp and it is in working condition for 150 bucks. I have a 20 gal nano running and it's been getting warm. I have no ideas about chillers so any advice would be great. Would this be a good deal?

Good deal in my opinion as long its not leaking and functioning properly obviously. Whether or not you need it though could be another matter. But if you willing to spend the money and plumb it, then it wont hurt either. Many cooling problems can be solved with fans.

Schism said:
Good deal in my opinion as long its not leaking and functioning properly obviously. Whether or not you need it though could be another matter. But if you willing to spend the money and plumb it, then it wont hurt either. Many cooling problems can be solved with fans.

Thanks for the heads up, my room is a converted garage so it's hard to keep temps down in my room during summer it hits 108 and my water levels hit 86 degrees in my 20 gal

Hungster said:
Thanks for the heads up, my room is a converted garage so it's hard to keep temps down in my room during summer it hits 108 and my water levels hit 86 degrees in my 20 gal

Yes in that situation a chiller would probably give me peace of mind.

Back
Top Bottom