Mini Clown Loach needed

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MICEY

Aquarium Advice Freak
I would love to put a school of clown loaches in the tank with my med size sa cichlids(lower aggressive)
I( love the movement and the color and that they will clean up any food that gets past the cichlids (plus there own food)
But I have a 45 gal bow front and they get much to big
so what would be a great replacement
I hate cories , they just sit there :whistle:

How about yoyo loaches?

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advicemyxm mzeN

Skunk botias or polka dot loaches would work.

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

My corys certainly don't just "sit there". I've got a group of serbai and green. They constantly sift around, just like loaches.

Sent from my SM-T310 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

The thing is clown loach grow very slow and larger ones are always in high demand they also cost a bomb

Why now get a shoal then sell them or return them to the store for smaller ones again

Everyone always looks at full grown size of fish but some clown loach included take decades to reach full size

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

My corys don't just sit there.. they're all over the place... my lfs says the same thing about clown ' s, he says he can always sell big clowns.. i feel like I'd have a hard time letting them go after 4 or 5 years. . What about yoyo or zebra loaches?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

You can't beat the look of 4-5 clown loach yoyo and othe loach don't even come close

As for 4-5 years down the road no one can say for sure what will happen in that time

If it was a big fish like Oscar or red tail cat that are hard to rehome I would say don't buy them

But clowns yes very easy to sell
Live for the moment not 5 years down the road

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom