Mini reef!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dimdim

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Okay so ive been reading up alot on 5 gallon and under reefs. They amaze me! I want to do a 3.5 gallon pico possibly smaller. I was wondering what the best way to go abouy filtration would be? Im going to be using a 10 w coralife 5050 bulb. And either a tetra 10 or penguin 20 hob filter and a 50 w heater. I want to keep hermits, feather dusters, and some of my corals from my dt when it comes time to frag. Gsp, mushroom, zoas, ect. I was also looking for a coldwater pico? But not much info there?

I just set up my Fluval Spec 2, if you want some info on pumps and lighting just read through the thread. It's 2 gallons and at the end of cycle... :cool:

I have a fluval spec V which is a 5 gallon tank. I am in the process of cycling right now. As for filtration, I've basically been told that live rock and sand will be all that is necessary. The tank has a foamy insert to help catch debris which is nice. It's only been 4 days for me and my water is very clear!

http://www.drsfostersmith.com/product/prod_display.cfm?pcatid=25215

You can get more info on the fluval 3 and 5 on that site.

Are you using the stock light for the 5 gallon? If so what corals do u plan to keep?

Yup, I am. I'm still considering upgrading the lights but I'm not certain yet. As for corals, I haven't decided completely yet. I still have a while before I get there. I've been told that the stock lights are enough for some softies.

Thanks for the input! I think im going to buy a spec and supplement the stock light with a 10 w 50/50 coralife bulb to grow anything i want

I got this ten gallon... Any ideas.. Lol

Attachments

• image-2626594559.jpg
    image-2626594559.jpg
    136.2 KB · Views: 100
I have a fluval Chi 5 gallons I set it up 8 months ago, i have a good eheim canister filter, nice water pump, and Kessil LED light Ocean Blue, over 15" on top the tank, and is working so good my corals love this light! WC every week checking the parameters once or sometimes twice a week! And also i have a Ecoxotic 5 gallons to dwarf seahorses !! Is almost ready to add them!!

I think im gonna do a fw planted in my ten gallon:) only type of tank i dont have ! Lol as for a nano, im gonna try my hand at a half gallon betta bowl with a hermit crab and a mushroom. Gonna be a cool project ;)

Back
Top Bottom