missing anenome

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

settles4

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
brought home this long tentacle Anenome Saturday evening. It has moved around a couple times but keeps detaching its foot and just lying in shaded low current areas. This morning it is nowhere to be seen. Assuming of course it has tucked itself into a cave or crevice on the backside of my rocks but suggestions? Should I just leave it be and see if it shows up? What do you do when your anenome likes to be out of sight?

Tell us more about the tank, especially with lighting. Sometimes anemone will hide when lighting is too intense compared to what they are used to. But hiding in a new tank is almost normal behavior.
Was the anemone being blown around before it could attach itself to a rock?

It is a 55 gallon 4 foot long 20 inch deep with a beams work 48 inch long 72 bulb led that is pretty dang bright.

Ok, so a standard 55. The lighting is LED...with their water penetration I'd assume it was just too much for him right off the bat. Did you dim the lights or try to acclimate him to the lighting at all? What lighting did he come out from under at the LFS?

the afternoon he was brought home he was placed with the lights off and the room was kept dim. The next morning at 9 the lights were turnd on at normal. He had already moved to shady spot. Since that morning he has moved around back and cannot be seen.

I'm not sure what kind of lighting he was under at the store but as I recall it wasn't dim compared to mine

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom