Missing Weather Loach [emoji849]

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bridget.alicia

Aquarium Advice Newbie
As the title suggests I can't find my weather loach, he's in a tank with my 2 Oranda's, 6 Zebra Danios & 6 Gold Danios.
He was there last night when I went to bed (around 11pm) and haven't been able to find him this morning (checked on them at 8.45am). I've taken all the plastic plants and the one ornament out (he likes to hide in the plants), and checked the gravel but there's no sign of him. I've also checked the filter and he's not there.[emoji848]
Any ideas? Could the Oranda's have eaten him?

I hate to say this,but look around the floor. They are well known for jumping out of the tiniest of holes. If you find him on the floor even if he feels dry to the touch put him in water. They can spend a lot of time out of water as long as he retained some moisture in side of himself. They will try and form a mucus barrier around himself. This will dry . We are talking hrs not days. I wish you good luck. I have lots of them may be a hundred or so. they are one of my favorites.

I found him! He was hiding in the filter, I found him yesterday morning when I discovered one of my Danios was also missing (in the filter too) I'm not sure how they are getting in there so will have to keep an eye on them

Back
Top Bottom