Mixing RO and Tap Water ??'s

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Bearchumjs said:
Did a 7 gallon pwc using RO water. Initial pH test reads 8.0 rather than 8.2/8.3. That's good. I was hoping using all RO this time wouldn't change the pH too drastically. I'll test the water tomorrow evening and see how the pH reads.

Question- does RO need degassing time like tap water for reading pH?

It should not need any degassing time AFAIK.

I'm going to do another 7 gallon pwc tonight using RO. I tested my water the other day 24 hours after I did the first 7 gallo. Pwc using RO and my pH was 8.2. Hopefully after tonight's change it will be closer to 8.0 in 24 hours.

PH was 8.0. Did 8 gallon pwc using RO water. Tested pH and it was 7.8. I'll test again in a few days but it looks like this is working. Slowly bringing down the pH!

PH last night was 8.2. I don't get it. Nitrates were 20 ppm or so which is lower than 40/80... Not sure why the pH is still so high...

Bearchumjs said:
PH last night was 8.2. I don't get it. Nitrates were 20 ppm or so which is lower than 40/80... Not sure why the pH is still so high...

Ph was 7.6-7.8 today! Hooray! I think one more pwc using RO and then I'll begin doing the water changes using RO and tap.

Bearchumjs said:
Ph was 7.6-7.8 today! Hooray! I think one more pwc using RO and then I'll begin doing the water changes using RO and tap.

The main thing is to keep it stable. So try to find that magic mix and stick to it. 50/50 or 60/40
Etc...

Coursair said:
The main thing is to keep it stable. So try to find that magic mix and stick to it. 50/50 or 60/40
Etc...

My magic mix will be 75/25. Once I get my pH where I want it I will begin doing the mix when I do my pwc's.

Back
Top Bottom