Mollies laying on bottom of tank with fins clamped

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Pipsqueakkk

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Three of my Mollies are laying at the bottom of the tank find clamped and barely moving, I'm an overly worried fish owner and would like some advice because I know you can't trust what you read online all the time. The ammonia is a little high but I'm doing another water change now. Please help.ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1428514155.089727.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1428514174.973102.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Is your tank new? Just wondering about the ammonia being high and nitrates low. That might be your issue right there.

Have they improved at all after the water change and how much lower is the ammonia?

They seem a little better and the tank is over two months old so I didn't think it would be an issue , I recently added a few Rasboras and I didn't know if that threw everything off

Also I changed the filter carbon so I may have ruined my cycle -.- it just freaks me out when the filter is so brown

Changing the filter/carbon basically pulls out whatever cycle you have left.

Just keep doing wanted changes until you get it to .25 or less of the ammonia and every time it rises do another watch nitrite too.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Okay I will thank you

If you have any other questions definitely post

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom