Molly Fry expert needed

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fonzie91

Aquarium Advice Newbie
My Molly shot about 6 Molly fry when I got home from work. Luckily, my lights were off so my male Molly didn't eat these guys. I only have 1 male and 1 female Molly. They're orange Molly's btw. The fry came out orange as well, which I thought was fascinating. Anyways, my point is why aren't these fry eating? It's my Molly's second batch, her first was about 3 fry and they didn't have any color and were eventually eaten. I managed to capture these with my net and threw them inside a breeder box with a net covering it. It's been almost a day since they came out and they don't eat any of the crushed flake food I give them.. I'm worrying about the food piling up at the bottom.. What should I do? I've read threads where fry start eating almost as soon as they're born... These guys haven't eaten in almost a day of existence... I switched them to my 10g neon tetra tank that is heavily planted, and my neon tetras don't even bother getting close to the net box. Can anyone help please?

If your new to the world of livebearers see the thread in my signature it can help you, also fry will start to need food around 2 days old. If you have any java moss put it into the breeders box the moss grows tiny bacteria that newborn fry can eat

Bubbles0oO said:
If your new to the world of livebearers see the thread in my signature it can help you, also fry will start to need food around 2 days old. If you have any java moss put it into the breeders box the moss grows tiny bacteria that newborn fry can eat

Wow thank u. They have started eating the crushed flake food i give them. My java moss never grows..every time I buy some it dies...maybe it's because of my temperature that it's a 82 F.... :/

Bubbles0oO said:
Idk much about the moss, my temp is around the lover mid seventies

Wow isn't that too low for Molly's? By the way, my female Molly past away this morning...I noticed her a bit wobbly right after she gave birth.. Not shimmy but wobbly...well at least her offspring is still alive.. I'm gonna try to purchase some moss and see if I can lower my temp slowly to mid seventy

Back
Top Bottom