Molly gender

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Harris55g

Aquarium Advice Regular
How soon can you tell a baby Molly gender and what's the difference between male n female beside the fin???
Ty for help

You can first tell when the babies (fry) are about two-three months.
Apart from the anal fin, female Molly's are generally rounder and males more thin/long. You can really see that difference in mine. Another way to tell is colour. Say if you had two orange Molly's: One male- one female. The male would be brighter coloured by a bit.

So pretty much like guppies. Lol I was just wonder bc I only have one female n she was ready to pop when I got her. She had 73 but I'm down to 63 now n they are starting to get color but still small.

Can a moon tale Molly have babies that aren't or that are a solid color? Ik guppies can give you different babies as mine proved that to me.

Cool, I can't you believe you had 73! How did you count that!? Not sure on the last Molly question but I'll look it up...

I'm really sorry checked loads of sites and nothing! If you have any more questions I'd love to hear.

Lol that's all I can think of Ty.

I have 2 55g one for males n one for females. I had her n a breeder. After she had then I took the babies out 1 by1 into my 30g baby tank. It took awhile to catch n count them I marked on paper where I was at or I would have forgot when I was trying to catch them

Here is momma. She got darker after having babies. Sry lil fuzzy using my cell n she didn't want to hold still.

Attachments

• image-3920868238.jpg
    image-3920868238.jpg
    251.6 KB · Views: 44
Here a quick pix of the 3 of the babies.

Attachments

• image-3402726669.jpg
    image-3402726669.jpg
    200.5 KB · Views: 46

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom