Molly has got huge help!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sidgolding

Aquarium Advice Activist
I have 4 adult mollies and 4 baby mollies. One of my adult females (who I have previously asked about as she never gets pregnant and came to the conclusion she may be infertile) now has blown up like a balloon! She looks massive. I don't think she is pregnant as before, but I'm not sure what is wrong. She is getting sooo big her scales look like their lifting. It seems to have happened quite quick. I do not over feed at all as all the others are fine. Any ideas?

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Yeah I've had a look at and that's defo what it is. I've put the fish down as she was very big and was very lethargic and I could see her skin starting to split. Plus I didn't want to risk the others. I will get some treatment for it. She has always been really different to others. Never bred, always been quite a loner. So I think she came from a over bred shop.

Yeah, it can be tough to control the breeding of livebearers sometimes, so you will find some that are not super healthy unfortunately. Sorry about hour fish though, I know it still stinks. Dropsy itself is more of a symptom than an actual disease, so keep an eye out for the other fish in the tank to make sure nobody else gets it. There is also a genetic predisposition factor, as well as potential issues in care before you even got the fish that could have contributed. That said, make sure to keep your water extra clean now, and keep an eye on the other fish.

Yeah will be. All the others have always been very good and healthy and popping out babies left right and bloody centre lol.

I have 4 adult mollies and 4 baby mollies. One of my adult females (who I have previously asked about as she never gets pregnant and came to the conclusion she may be infertile) now has blown up like a balloon! She looks massive. I don't think she is pregnant as before, but I'm not sure what is wrong. She is getting sooo big her scales look like their lifting. It seems to have happened quite quick. I do not over feed at all as all the others are fine. Any ideas?

Constipation?

Back
Top Bottom