mollys have squarish bellies

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Mine has paused for a couple of hours to poop and eat and whatever else they do. I wouldn't worry!

I bought all females so I wouldn't be overrun with fry. Guess what? Very surprised 4 months in to find babies. Both girls had two birthings each from retained sperm. Only two fry survived though. One female and one male. I just let them birth in the tank and let nature take its course. I have a decently planted tank. I am down to three fish though so wold welcome a few more.

Well now shes jetting around the tank because all the males are bothering her

Do you have plants or shelter where she can hide a bit? Mine would get bothered, but would park themselves in the plants and hide out. Sometimes they'd lose all the boys for quite a while that way.

Yes i have lots of plants in there,shes managed to hide a few times but they end up findong her and now shes just hanging at the top trying to be by the heater(all tje other pregnant mollys hide by the heater too)

I have a dense area with a cave that my female hides in. The male is young and dumb. He never finds her until she comes out on her own to eat. LOL

Wait when the female molly is pooping a hardly visible white chord thing does that mean its giving birth?

When my moliies gave birth they had that too. Every animal that gives birth has to get rid of the afterbirth. Yes Mollies can abort from stress. One of mine gave birth to some barely formed dead ones as well as live ones the last pregnancy. Sometimes it just doesn't make it full term.

Yeah i think my mollys gonna due that the males are chasing her around.non stop. I thinkshe aborted because now she wont stop moving around :(

I found a fry!

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20130529_180708.jpg
    ForumRunner_20130529_180708.jpg
    61.2 KB · Views: 48
  • ForumRunner_20130529_180715.jpg
    ForumRunner_20130529_180715.jpg
    61.1 KB · Views: 42
  • ForumRunner_20130529_180725.jpg
    ForumRunner_20130529_180725.jpg
    63.5 KB · Views: 40
Back