Mollys

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mojo3251

Aquarium Advice Activist
Do mollies like to be in groups. Because I have one and he stays in one corner all the time the only time he moves is to eat or move to a different corner

One but I plan on getting 2 or 3 more. How many do you suggest?

I ask because that behavior to me means that you have one too many males for how many females you have...

I suggest probably around 3 depending on your tank size. But the sex ratio has to be one male to two or three females. Or. All females. Haha

Mollys do not school they do like a group, generally one male and 2-3 females works best. They will become pretty sizable and I would not keep them in less than a 20 long.

I probably would switch too some platys then. They stay smaller than mollies and have basically the same personality.

It's a Dalmatian Molly and the guy said that the ones that are white with black spots are males and the ones that are plain black

Mojo3251 said:
It's a Dalmatian Molly and the guy said that the ones that are white with black spots are males and the ones that are plain black

The ones that are plain black are females

No male mollys have a stick like anal fin, females have a pair of anal fins. Color has nothing to do with it. Mollys should not be in a ten, try platys or guppys instead.

Back
Top Bottom