More LFS Advice-Yikes!!!!!!!!!1

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

henningc

Aquarium Advice Addict
While I was buying feeder fish a woman and her daughter were looking at bettas. I passed them as we were both leaving at the same time. The store sold her one of those 1/2 gallon critter keepers and a pair-yes male and female- bettas to keep in it. PetS Whatever, bad fish worse advice.:facepalm:

Sorry silly question but what is feeder fish? I can.kinda gather what they r but just want to clarify

Sent from my LG-E460f using Aquarium Advice mobile app

:-(, i hard to decide not to start that battle with my sister in law who is keeping her betta in a small vase (not close to a gallon) then she wines that it's boring! The poor thing can't move around! Plus I talked to her about a heater (at least) and she think I'm crazy! I'm trying to teach her young daughter and hope maybe she gets it (empathy is bigger at a young age).. Still her mother keeps on telling me that Bettas's NEEDS small space to be happy, as she put it, it would be sad in my big tank :-( breaks my heart!

A feeder fish is exactly that, a fish to feed to larger fish who's diet would cost too much for commercial fish food.

Ok it is what i thought it was.. what fish do u buy.. it was good wen i had swordtails cause every month the other fish would do a bit of crowd cntrol

Sent from my LG-E460f using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I keep my daughters male beta in a bowl, and i use a bottom seed heat pad to keep it warm, around 76-78, and i monitor ammonia and lower ph when necessary. So yes it is fine and its possible, i also have a small colony of endlers in a bowl, just keep some gravel in the bottom for BB and change the water once a week and aerate then their good for another week. Its Okay for something like a beta or wild guppy/endler or other small fish.

Half a gallon isn't enough for anything except maybe shrimp I hear, but I don't have shrimp so couldn't say.. A fish need to swim like we need to walk.. Anywase that's my opinion..

The point was also more selling the people a male and female to live together. That female will be dead pretty fast.

Back
Top Bottom