Mosquitos as Food???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Klayton

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have an unique mosquito trap that works by using a fan and sucking the bugs into a screen trap where they end up dying, no chemicals or pollutions. My question is do most tropical fish eat Mosquitos in the wild and would it be a nice treat to give them some, dead of course. I am definitely not letting live Mosquitos loose in my house. Any ideas?

I heard that some fish like to eat live mosquito larva! Ya it sounds gross and it probably is. I have never done it so im not sure if its a good idea because of desieses and such, but i know how to get some larva if you want it! Just fill a 5 gallon bucket, give it a good source (not sure if thats necessary but i cracked an egg in it) and wait.. Soon enough you will have hindreds of discusting larva.

I figure this out because i thought it would be funny to poor a bucket of water on my friend so i cracked an egg in it and accidently forgot about it. 2 weeks later i found it and almost puked.

Hopefully this answers your question..... Idk

FishEggs said:
no egg needed. just set the bucket outside and they will come. of course any larvae that dont get eaten will be mosquitos in the house.

Lol okay! I would never do that larva thing again, so gross! Seem like good protein for the fish tho! ;)

Back
Top Bottom