Moss and grass question..

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
What type of floating plants would you suggest?
Also, what type of t5 bulb would work for my 80 gallon? I wanna make sure the plants don't die.

Chess46 said:
What type of floating plants would you suggest?
Also, what type of t5 bulb would work for my 80 gallon? I wanna make sure the plants don't die.
. Amazon frog bit, hornwort,dwarf water lettuce,etc all will work frog bit can handle the higher temps and softer water of an discus aquarium so can most of the others. Keep growth in check not to shade plants that need light I generally create a floating cover over my low light plants so everyone plant and animal is happy. Experiment a little see what works best for you. Well I have LEDs and t-5's on my discus tanks as far as lights go i like German made t-5's like geisman or a cheaper brand is zoo med.

Is there a minimum amount of watts that I should get?
Thanks for the plant list.

Chess46 said:
Is there a minimum amount of watts that I should get?
Thanks for the plant list.

Your welcome. Watts don't matter as much as look for par value and Kelvin rating plus lumens. watts will be determined on length of fixture you choose for the most part just buy a good fixture and bulb all you gotta decide I or 2 bulb fixture and your off and running.

I'm just gonna stick with the fixture I have now which is a one bulb.

More questions..
Would a t5 bulb work in my reqular lamp that is on my aquarium hood?
Also, should i get some fertilizers or something to add to the sand for the grass?

Chess46 said:
More questions..
Would a t5 bulb work in my reqular lamp that is on my aquarium hood?
Also, should i get some fertilizers or something to add to the sand for the grass?

No you need a t5 fixture for the bulb. Try root tabs or flourish tabs you can use those for your plants.

Back
Top Bottom