Moss in Central Ma. or Southern Nh....?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jobin13

Aquarium Advice Regular
I've tried finding moss in almost every local fish store, or online retailer but everything I've seen is extremely overpriced or out of stock!!!

I'm looking for a Christmas moss, Peacock/spiky moss, or anything similar. Trying to avoid Java moss at all costs, had it in an old tank and it just created havoc.

If anyone has this and is willing to sell or knows of a vendor that sells at a reasonable price please direct me towards them!

Definitely still exists. :) Check out aquaticarts.com or other sites that sell plants online.

I've looked Hanaquatics.com and aquatic arts it's way too overpriced for my taking. 2x2 mosses are more than some high quality plants... I mean I can get a healthy baby silver arawona from my lfs for less than than the price of a golf ball sized ball of spiky moss.. plus shipping... This is just crazy to me.. Hence why I started my thread.

I've looked Hanaquatics.com and aquatic arts it's way too overpriced for my taking. 2x2 mosses are more than some high quality plants... I mean I can get a healthy baby silver arawona from my lfs for less than than the price of a golf ball sized ball of spiky moss.. plus shipping... This is just crazy to me.. Hence why I started my thread.

I'm not sure about Aquatic Arts, but from Han Aquatics, you'd be buying fully submersed plants, which will transition better to your tank than emersed plants. Emersed plants are generally cheaper, but usually the quality isn't as great. You could always do 1st class shipping, which is generally $4. For a small USPS box, shipping is about $8. Stem plants are cheaper due to their faster growth rate. Slower growing plants are generally more expensive.

I think your best bet would be to see if there are any fish stores in your area that carry tissue cultured moss. Tissue culture cups usually have more plants.

Back
Top Bottom