Mouth brooder

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

GorJess

Aquarium Advice Regular
How do I know when my hongi is ready to let her fry out? And do I have to separate mum from fry? She is kinda getting a Lil dark under her mouth . I've had her for 10 days and 3 days before I saw her at the LFS and she was already holding so I would say she's been holding in between 15-20 days

Eventually youll want to move her from them. I always wait for the females to spit them out. The best is to move her out of the main tank till she does then put her back in the main. Let the fry grow t over and inch before moving them

She is already in a tank of her own. I was wondering about taking her out incase she eats the fry..
My LFS said to bring her in and they will strip her as I am not confident enough to do it.. But how do I know when she's ready? And do u just suggest leaving her to spit on her own??

She is already in a tank of her own. I was wondering about taking her out incase she eats the fry..
My LFS said to bring her in and they will strip her as I am not confident enough to do it.. But how do I know when she's ready? And do u just suggest leaving her to spit on her own??

I always just let them be and let nature take its course. That way it's the easiest on me and them.
That wa you don't pull them to early.

If you want to strip her then I would wait til she shows you them in her mouth. They will be free swimming otherwise you'll need to tumble them.

Back
Top Bottom