Moved my tank by the window

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

GodFan

Aquarium Advice Addict
Dont know how smart it was but I moved my tank right in front of the window. It gets the morning sun. I have no light on the tank. Just sunlight. I have a few low light plants. The main thing is pothos vine and duckweed. You think it would be enough light?

Not sure, I have a window near one of my tanks and I tinted the 2 little windows with limo tint to keep the light out. Didn't want algae problems.

I think it will and sunlight promotes algae growth even though I haven't seen any :/

U will eventually see algae because of the sun light, just don't let it take control of your tank or it will become a nightmare.

So the plants will live and I just need to keep an eye on algae. Sounds good. I wonder if some ramshorn snails wouldnt help keep algae low? The extra waste would help keep the plants healthy!

You'll need to keep an eye on the temp in your tank, The morning sun can warm up a tank alot more then you'd think. especially with a smaller tank.

Good point. I will check it periodically. Im just hoping I can grow plants! I think that the algae will be severely limited by the plants. I got some greedy plants :)

The plants will definitely live and the duckweed is very beneficial for stopping algae. It absorbs excess nutrients so algae won't get any. If you're willing to spend some money, get a uv sterilizer. What kind of filter do you have? If its a canister put some polishing pads it helps. Don't add more fish to solve a problem, not a good idea.

The plants will definitely live and the duckweed is very beneficial for stopping algae. It absorbs excess nutrients so algae won't get any. If you're willing to spend some money, get a uv sterilizer. What kind of filter do you have? If its a canister put some polishing pads it helps. Don't add more fish to solve a problem, not a good idea.
I actually like the pink ramshorns anyway lol This is kinda a tank that I am letting some stuff go that I wouldnt normally. Like pest snails. I only have a few plants so them eating them probably wont be a big issue. I have a marina slim filter. It has nothing but stuff to harden the water right now lol Also a uv would be to big for it. Its a 5 gallon.

Back
Top Bottom