Moving an established tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Nere1204

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Ok so hi I'm new here and I just found someone selling their tank setup close to my home maybe 5 mins minutes from my house it’s a 10 gallon tank that’s already established I’m really worried about causing stress to the fish and about the beneficial bacteria in the tank how do I properly make sure I can keep all the bacteria in the tank don’t want to have to start the cycle all over again and kill of these awesome fish.:):)Just want to make sure I do the correct thing. Added A picture of the tank so you can get an idea of what can be done.

Attachments

• 9CC423F7-0E32-425E-8676-342BE1A2763A.jpg
    9CC423F7-0E32-425E-8676-342BE1A2763A.jpg
    259.1 KB · Views: 37
Last edited:
Hi, I’d just transport the filter and gravel in a bit of their own water so they stay wet. Assuming this tank is fully cycled I’d be tempted to swish the gravel / filter pads in a bucket of treated tap water to clean off some gunk before setting back up.

Hi, I’d just transport the filter and gravel in a bit of their own water so they stay wet. Assuming this tank is fully cycled I’d be tempted to swish the gravel / filter pads in a bucket of treated tap water to clean off some gunk before setting back up.
Thank you for your advice thankfully the person who sold me the fish tank had prepared some treated water and also old water from the tank in buckets so I was able to keep everything wet like you said. He had everything needed to safely move it he also added water softener he gave me bottles of water treatments even a bunch of items to be able to take care of the fish fry I feel like it was a good deal. So far everything is looking good everyone looks good and healthy cross our fingers it stays this way.

Back
Top Bottom