Moving house, what to do with fish?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

new tank

Aquarium Advice Regular
Im moving in a month. Its only a 10 minute drive from where im currently living but have never moved a fish tank thats bin lived in and still is lived in before.
How best would i go about this? Fish in bags? Drain all water out of tank or leave some inn? Whats a no no?

Any thoughts please
Thanks

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Not sure if this would be possible for you but ideally if you can retain your tanks water in say buckets with lids or Rubbermaid containers (which you could also put your fish in) you should be fine. Then you wouldn't have to worry about your tank or recycling issues with tank.

Not sure if this would be possible for you but ideally if you can retain your tanks water in say buckets with lids or Rubbermaid containers (which you could also put your fish in) you should be fine. Then you wouldn't have to worry about your tank or recycling issues with tank.

You will need more than the water from the tank as there is really no beneficial bacteria there. Keeping your filter in a bucket of tank water will protect the BB. Remove your fish and put them in a lidded container of tank water. Place that in a pre-warmed cooler or put some heat packs around the bucket if it is cold in your area. Remove any large items from the tank and siphon out as much water as you can. Unless you have a ton of gravel in there, you should be able to move it with the gravel inside. If the tank is large (over 30 gallons) I would remove the gravel. I have moved fish like this twice with no problems.

Back
Top Bottom