moving house

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kado

Aquarium Advice Activist
I'll be moving house soon only a couple of kilometres away and was was wondering what the best way to transport my fish is?
I have 11 mbuna and peacocks.
should I just bag them up individually and should I try to save some of my tank water to put back in my tank when I set it up again? also do I need to recycle my tank before putting my fish back in?
I'm really not sure how to do all this :/
thanks for any feed back :)

I'll be moving house soon only a couple of kilometres away and was was wondering what the best way to transport my fish is?
I have 11 mbuna and peacocks.
should I just bag them up individually and should I try to save some of my tank water to put back in my tank when I set it up again? also do I need to recycle my tank before putting my fish back in?
I'm really not sure how to do all this :/
thanks for any feed back :)

If you can get your hands on some fish bags then that's the easiest way or you could use large Tupperware containers or a cooler/esky to move them in. No need to save any water other than what's in the bags with the fish. You will have to acclimate them to the new tank water like when you first bring them home. The majority of the bacteria that keep your tank cycled are in the filter. What you'll need to do is bag the media with some tank water to keep the bacteria alive. Once the tank is set up, the new water is dechlorinated (important!) and its brought up to the correct temperature then you can start the filter with the media in it.

. I will get some bags from my lfs and keep my media in some tank water. very helpful. thanks again

Back
Top Bottom