moving my fishtank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

aquascapist

Aquarium Advice Regular
I'm going to move my tank across the room, only at most 15 ft, and i was wondering how to do it. My plan is to do a 50% water change, leave everything in it and move it like that. Do you guys think it would be less stressful on the fish if i leave them in there or should i put them in a bucket? I have a 40g tank with 3 angels, 2 rosey barbs, 2 eclipse catfish, 1 gourami, and 1 loach. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I moved mine two weeks ago. I put them in a bucket with an air stone. I emptied all the water. I wouldn't move a tank with water in it. Too dangerous. You could hurt yourself or cause a leak in the seems. I used it as an opportunity to give it a good cleaning. Just keep your media wet.

0. Disconnect all peripherals
1. Drain water into a bucket
2. Put all fish into bucket
3. Drain remaining water (ALL WATER)
4. Scoop substrate into another bucket
5. Move tank with assistance of another person
6. Put substrate in tank
7. Add Prime & Refill tank
8. Add peripherals
9. When temperature is at the required level add fish

0. Disconnect all peripherals
1. Drain water into a bucket
2. Put all fish into bucket
3. Drain remaining water (ALL WATER)
4. Scoop substrate into another bucket
5. Move tank with assistance of another person
6. Put substrate in tank
7. Add Prime & Refill tank
8. Add peripherals
9. When temperature is at the required level add fish

I'm going to add something, try and move the tank onto something flat. It will even out the weight.

The tank I moved was 75 g and i moved it up a flight of stairs not fun and I was stressing that it would break.

Back
Top Bottom