moving out of town taking fish with me

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

revenant_06

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
This is the first move since I started my 120 gallon SW tank. I actually have the opportunity to move the tank a month before we actually move. I was going to put my fish in a 55 gallon tank when I move the 120. I wanted to have it set up at the new place and cycling for that month but my budget is getting in the way. The only spare filter I have is a hang on back rated for a 55 gallon will this be enough to get the process started? Also the only light I will have to put on the 120 are some cheap old ones in storage. Is light really a big deal when first cycling a tank? Also to reduce stress on my fish I was going to put two damsels and a fire goby in a ten gallon for that month to reduce the number of fish while they are in the 55 is this a bad idea? When I first move the 120 I was going to take some live rock with me to help cycle the tank. So I was also thinking of taking the damsels to help cycle the tank too. Any suggestions will be nice I'm kinda nervous about this process

Back
Top Bottom