moving soon to alabama. moving tanks vs buying new ones

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

smooth_cannibal

Aquarium Advice Activist
found out that my family is going to move back down to mobile al where the're from. my grandpa passed a few weeks back and they don't want to stay here in Colorado any more. I'm going to make a big change and go too since i love it down there since i will have opportunity. its happening by the end of the year or sooner. we all aren't taking much more than the essentials and most likely just going to use a couple pods. I'm wondering if its worth it to move my tanks or just pick new ones up when i get down there. my tanks have been in the family forever and i am attached to them which is why i want to take them with me. i have to start making decisions on what i want and don't want.

I would say it depends on the size of the tanks. If small its cheap to get new tanks but I would pack up all the equipment and stands if possible. it always seems that I spend a lot more on filters and drift wood and so on than the actual tanks.

I would say it depends on the size of the tanks. If small its cheap to get new tanks but I would pack up all the equipment and stands if possible. it always seems that I spend a lot more on filters and drift wood and so on than the actual tanks.

I agree that it depends on the size of the tanks. As well as how much room you have in the pods, of course. :)

I'm going to be in the same boat soon. Wondering if all my tanks will make it. I'm going to use movers so who knows. If you can sell them, you could always do Pet Co's $ 1 per gallon sales once you move. Good luck! !

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

i was planning on keeping the equipment. i can't not have fish tanks anymore. i have a 10, 30, and 55. since i got to work on my moms house i am going to have to tear them down here in the next few weeks. that's going to kill me to not have my tanks set up for a long time. might take the 30 at least since its an old odell.

i was planning on keeping the equipment. i can't not have fish tanks anymore. i have a 10, 30, and 55. since i got to work on my moms house i am going to have to tear them down here in the next few weeks. that's going to kill me to not have my tanks set up for a long time. might take the 30 at least since its an old odell.

I agree The 10 and the 55 you can get for 65.00 at petco but the 30 will cost more than the 10 and the 55. I love the 36" x 12" foot print of the 30 but hate how expensive they are.

i didn't realize that about 30g tanks. my mom used to work at a lfs up until she had me and she acquired a bunch of tanks. I've never had to buy one just go in the garage.

I'm in north Alabama and there always some awesome deals from people selling complete set ups around the state

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

i think selling off the other two tanks and taking everything else is probably what i will end up doing. hmm then again getting rid of the 55 and stand means i have an excuse upgrade to a 70 or 90.

db - how are the fish stores down there? where i am at now in co i have 4 pretty good ones within 15 minutes from me.

Where I'm at all we got is petco petsmart and pet depot which sucks

I say keep the stands and the filters/equipment. That adds up pretty fast- and like people said the tanks themselves are relatively cheap

Back
Top Bottom