Moving tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Obsessedfishlover

Aquarium Advice Freak
So I have no experience at all in moving an aquarium.... I might be moving into a basement bedroom in which I have my room upstairs in which I have to move my aquarium.... How do I do this do I put the fish in a bucket and drain the water? Advice much needed!

I've moved my aquarium many times. Yes, you can drain water from the aquarium into a bucket, then move the fish there. Them drain your aquarium empty. Don't try to lift anything over aquarium full of water. You might spill it or break the glass. When you refill be sure to check the temp and use water conditioner.

I've moved my aquarium many times. Yes, you can drain water from the aquarium into a bucket, then move the fish there. Them drain your aquarium empty. Don't try to lift anything over aquarium full of water. You might spill it or break the glass. When you refill be sure to check the temp and use water conditioner.

Another question do I drain all the aquarium water into a bucket and pour it back in or do I just refill it like a water change?

Put the fish in buckets filled with the tanks water. Then empty it and keep 20-50% of the old water and keep it all in buckets. Then move you tank and set it up. Add the water back and then at least 50% new water. Make sure pram as and temperature is correct. Then add the fish. When moving it. Make sure gravel is drained but still moist and keep water in the filter so your bacteria doesn't die. If it dies you will have to cycle it again. After its all set up test the water and check temp frequently because you might have a mini cycle the first few days. Good luck

Back
Top Bottom