Moving!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Well that shouldn't be too hard (I've moved my tank many many times) IME just move your stock into a clean bucket with an airstone, make sure the filter media stays in the tank water, drain the tank and two man it upstairs.

Just drain the tank water in the bucket for your fish and media and toss the rest except for about an inch in the tank to keep the substrate wet, if your still able to carry it that way. There should be enough BB in the media that your tank should not go through a mini cycle. Think of it as a major water change. This is what I did when moving my 29 from the dining room into the living room.

How long should I leave the heater off before taking the water out at room temperature, don't want to shock the water with air temperature!

greenterrortigeroscar said:
How long should I leave the heater off before taking the water out at room temperature, don't want to shock the water with air temperature!

Depending on how long it will take to move it I would just keep the heater in the bucket with the fish and media. That way the BB in the media won't die off from a temperature change.

Edit: is this the tank that just finished cycling? if so make sure to monitor your levels closely afterwards to make sure the BB wasn't harmed in the move.

Back
Top Bottom