mushroom help - anyone

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fuvibo1

Aquarium Advice Activist
i want to invest in some mushroom for my tank, i want to know what is a good food for it and how would i feed the mushroom, and what kind of lighting would work great for them because i want to grow them all over my live rocks.

What kind of lighting do you currently have? They don't require alot of light. As far as food, I don't feed mine anymore and they are doing fine. When I did feed them, I used marine snow.

i have 2 compact fluorescent lighting, as for the marine snow do you feed them directly or you just add them in the water, thank you for your help

The snow gets added to the water. You just have to turn off any filters/skimmers you have running for a while. They should do ok under your lights. What's your wattage?

I would strongly recommend placing them in your tank and watching them for 3 or 4 weeks before target feeding them at all.

I have 6 (started with 2, 2 months ago) and they grow fast, and spread fast. Not that it is a bad thing, just that why add extra nutrients/waste to your tank if you don't need it.

fwiw - I have 4x110 vho, 90 gal, 18" deep, feed the fish mysis every other day. My shrooms are going nutz! 8O :mrgreen:

Back
Top Bottom